I think all ladies will agree with me that when your birthday comes around it means one thing, it’s time to go shopping. There are important purchases to be made, such as the birthday dress and afterwards some new season wardrobe staples… am I right? Summer has been and gone already it seems and A/W is upon us, so I headed to Covent Garden with Darcie Darling to spent a little hard-earned birthday money, after an essential brunch date at Bill’s of course.
[This was meant to be a fashion post but I can’t help mention the breakfast that I experienced at Bill’s Covent Garden. I have been to Bill’s for dinner a few times in the past so I know the food is really good, however breakfast was simply beyond amazing. I had the vegetarian breakfast which was sourdough toasted bread, poached eggs, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, sweet chilli sauce and a cripsy potato. It was so so so good and I was defeated until mid evening after eating just before midday. If you pass a Bill’s before midday then go and get a breakfast there! My new favourite brunch spot.]
Anyway, about the clothes!
1. So I wondered around (slowly) for a couple of hours in Covent Garden looking for some new pieces to update my wardrobe. I am proud to reveal that after searching for so long, I have finally found the perfect pair of slouchy ripped boyfriend jeans. I went into Mango and lying there in the sale section for £24.99 was one solitary pair of boyfriend jeans waiting for me. I love how versatile they are and that you can wear it dressed up with heels and a blazer or a jumper and converses.
2. I then popped into Zara where I bought this leopard print dress, which I’ll wear with a skinny waist belt and heeled boots. Also I bought a pink oversized cable knit jumper that I absolutely love and haven’t taken off since I bought it.
3. I also bought this staple white shirt from Muji for £19.99 as I’ve wanted a shirt with a rounded collar since this time last year when my ex-flatmates had one from American Apparel which I wore it for almost the entirety of last year’s Fresher’s week.
4. Talking about American apparel, I did then popped in against my better financial judgement to have a look, even though I think that the clothes are way too overpriced. I allowed myself to buy this chiffon head scarf in black for £15 as I love wearing turbans but hate how hot and uncomfortable they can get. As it’s chiffon it’s really light and there is a metal wire so you can mould it to the shape you want it around your head.
5. On my way home I popped into Asda to pick up some bits and looking around George I saw this adorable orange leopard collared dress that I love so much. I haven’t shopped in George before but the quality seems pretty good and for £14 you can’t argue with the price! It’s a loose fitting body con dress thats perfect for day or night with tights and a leather jacket.
And those are my birthday treats 🙂 I haven’t gone shopping for ages due to re-adjusting to London life post uni and trying to stay afloat, so it was nice to be able to spend some money and buy a few new things. I hoped you enjoyed reading, if you did please like and comment and I hope to keep this blogging momentum going!